July 23: Settings I’d Like to See More Of (Or At All)
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can find weekly topics on her page.
1. Magical Forests — I just love forests: the smell of leaves, the sound of birds, the fallen trees… Add magic to that and I’m all set! Just some fairies here and there or forest spirits or a hag near some bog! I don’t even care.
2. Schools of magic — give me HP setting, the Magicians setting, the Carry On setting… Just make it gay, and let me learn some magic!
3. Old Witch’s House — and the surrounding area. I want to see her making potions and caring for her herbs! Maybe take in some girl as an appretice!
4. Old Bookshop — I mean… Do I have to explain? Why say no to more books, right?
5. Run-Down Buildings — there’s something about forgoten history of those places that just fascinates me. I imagine how this place someone cared for became silient and rotten and there’s something romantic about it.
6. Boarding schools — I’m not really talking modern TV shows boarding schools. I’m talking boarding schools with girls running wild and breaking the curfew and sneaking out to talk to the rumored ghost at midnight and exchange first kisses under the bright moon.
7. Gardens — I am shit at taking care of plants so I would love some mysterious or/and magical fictional gardens I wouldn’t murder.
I think that’s it from me today. What settings would YOU like to see more of??