July 30: Freebie
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can find weekly topics on her page.
Since we’re doing a freebie today, of course, I have to use it to talk about my favourite trope. Enemies-to-lovers. I love the tension. I love the constant pushs and pulls. I love all the ‘ugh… why, of all the people it had to be you??’ and ‘how could you imply I’m into them??’ So, I’m doing my Top 5 of that. I’ve read more of this trope and could put Top 10 easily but I wanted to include only The Best of The Best.
The Brilliant Death by Amy Rose Capetta | GR
- genderfluid/genderfluid romance
- distrust based on a certain mistake with big consequences
- yet, lots of lust and yearning and fascination
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell | GR
- m/m romance
- HP fanfiction, techincally
- and they were roommates!
- a spin on ‘the chosen one’ trope
- absurdism and crack
- magic school
The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie | GR
- f/f romance
- lesbian pirates!
- morally gray characters
- sea monsters
- captor/captive relationship and the subject of ‘equal footing’
What are your favourite hate-to-love relationships? I’m always in need of recs for those! Bonus points if they’re LGBTQ+!