So, I already signed up for #StartOnYourShelfathon challenge earlier this month and today I’m signing up for two more!
NETGALLEY AND EDELWEISS READING CHALLENGE 2020
What the challenge is all about…
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the number of NetGalley/Edelweiss books sitting on your shelf to be read?
Have you lost your 80% rating and would love to get it back?
Do you want to challenge yourself to read more NetGalley/Edelweiss books?
Do you need extra inspiration to achieve that next badge?
If the answer is “YES” to any of these questions then this is the challenge for you!
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. There is no deadline to sign up.
- Everyone is welcome to participate – you do not need to have a blog.
- Any genre, release date, length, etc. counts – it just needs to be a book from NetGalley or Edelweiss.
- Books can count for more than one challenge that you are participating in.
- The first day of each month [Tina] will post a monthly “link-up” for you to link your reviews. If you forget one month, no worries, just catch up the next month.
- Help spread the book love and use the hashtag: #NGEW2020
Bronze – 10 Books
Silver – 25 Books
Gold – 50 Books
Platinum – 75 Books
Diamond – 100 Books
THE HERE & QUEERATHON 2020
Books that count
- books by queer authors
- books you START and FINISH in 2020 (books started in 2019 and finished in 2020 will NOT count)
- any backlist (2019 or before) and frontlist (2020) or ARCs by queer authors
- audiobooks count too!
- so do comics and graphic novels!
- and poetry!
- basically, if it’s written by a queer author, it counts!
How to join
- Announce your intention to join the Here & Queerathon on a social media platform of your choosing. This includes your blog, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, or anywhere you post on social media.
- Use the sign-up form to sign up.
- Follow @HQueerathon on Twitter for updates. Share your update posts and reviews here and DM with any questions about the readathon or whether books count.
- Use the hashtag #hereandqueerathon to discuss the reading challenge with the book community.
- Start keeping track of the books you read on this form.
To sum up
- Sign up here with the sign-up form
- Log your books read with this form
- Follow @HQueerathon on Twitter
- Runs January 1-December 31, 2020
- Only books by queer authors read completely in 2020 will count
- Are you participating in those or other challenges in 2020?
- Do you have any other ways of challenging yourself book-wise? What are your reading goals for 2020?