So, I already signed up for THREE 2020 challenges and I’m probably overestimating my commitment skills BUT I really want to make sure I write more discussion posts this year and what is more bounding than publicly announcing it and linking it up so everyone can see?
Anyway, wish me luck!
Welcome to the 2020 Book Blog Discussion Challenge hosted by Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight! This challenge has been going on for five years now, and we’re excited to keep discussing books with you!
So often, we book bloggers mean to post more discussions on our blogs, but we just don’t quite get around to it. Well, we wanted to give everyone a little motivation to keep the discussions going, plus give us a place to link up our discussions so that more people will see our precious words of wisdom (or … you know … our GIF-filled rants).
I hope you’ll join us for this challenge and pledge yourself to posting more discussions in this upcoming year. I promise we’ll have lots of fun talking together! We’ve found that the Discussion Challenge is its own little community
All You Have to Do:
- Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below. There’s no need to say what your discussion posts will be about–just tell us you’re joining and let us know your goal. (Can be in an update post or a post with other challenges–you’re not required to make a completely separate sign-up post.)
- Please link back to both challenge hosts and include the challenge button in your sign-up posts. Feel free to also link back in your actual discussions (we appreciate it, so more people can find us!), but that’s not required.
- The challenge runs from January 1st until December 31st, 2020. Sign-ups will remain open through December 12th, 2020. So, you can basically sign up all year long (but InLinkz will no longer allow us to keep a linky up for more than a year, so we had to end it on the 12th). Come join us!
- Share it! The more people we get to participate in this, the more awesome discussions we can all be a part of and the more fun it will be! So, invite your friends to join us!
- On the 1st of every month, a link-up will go up on both Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts at Midnight where you’ll leave your links for that month’s discussions. Every month, we’ll update this 2020 Book Blog Challenge Page with the links to that month’s Challenge linky–so you’ll always know where to find the latest link-up!
- There will also be monthly giveaways, so make sure you check in!
- Use the hashtag #LetsDiscuss2020 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter.
What Kinds of Discussions Can You Link Up?
Discussions can be about whatever you want as long as it’s relevant to books or book blogging! We tend to be pretty lax about our “rules” for what makes a bookish discussion, but we do have some guidelines, so please check them out:
- Please don’t link up discussions about things that are completely off-topic, like travel or fashion, etc.
- Please don’t link up month-end wrap-ups (Nicole has the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up for that, and she’d love to have you join in!)—unless you have a very specific book-related discussion topic that you include in your wrap-up!
- Please don’t link up book reviews unless it’s more of a general discussion about a topic and you’re using a specific book as an example.
- Please don’t link up giveaways unless the post is mostly a discussion that just happens to have a giveaway attached (like if you were talking about the reasons you love audiobooks and you decide to do a giveaway of an audiobook at the end).
- Linking up Top Ten Tuesday posts or other meme posts are fine as long as there’s some actual discussion involved (not just a list of books). Same with tags—they’re fine, but we’d prefer if there’s some discussion involved of why you chose the books, not just a list of books that go with the tag topic.
- A post can be about you personally if it’s a get-to-know-you type post. (We love getting to know our fellow bloggers!)
1-10 – Discussion Dabbler
11-20 – Creative Conversationalist
21-30 – Chatty Kathy
31-40 – Terrifically Talkative
41+ – Gift of the Gab
I’m hoping for Chatty Kathy or at least Creative Conversationalist?
- How often do you write discussion posts?
- Are you joining the challenge this year?