Today I’m answering a Bookish Tag — Would You Rather. I was tagged by Ding @ dinipandareads. so so long ago (I’m sorry it took me a while!!) and I finally got to it.
- Answer the questions given to you by your nominator.
- Make up your own questions and tag others.
- Sounds easy, right? Well, let’s see…!
Would you rather have to read the last chapter of every new book first, or never read the last chapter?
I don’t mind spoiler as much as not knowing things so I would rather read the last chapter first? It would be out of context anyway and I easily forget such things.
Would you rather have someone ruin the ending of a book for you or never finish a book you were reading?
Again, I prefer spoilers than not knowing shit. And I like to know there’s HEA anyway. I’m too soft to read sad stories so having reassurance is sort of good.
Would you rather lose your place or get a paper cut every time you read a book?
I mostly read digitally so getting a paper cut from that would be something interesting to witness.
Would you rather be friends with Hermione Granger or Matilda?
Hermione just because she’s older. Feels weird to be friends with a kid, even one as smart ad Matilda. I’m not Stive Harrington, sorry.
Would you rather wait five years for the final installment in a series or get it now, but must read every spoiler before you can start reading it?
Eh, I can wait. It would be hard for a few days but then I would move on to other books. I would switch between obsessions many times before the sequel would be out but that’s managable. My brain has no concept of time so a year or five is basically the same to me.
Would you rather reread your least favorite book monthly or never be able to read your favorite book again?
Yeah, I can read other books and find new favourites. I’m not an avid rereader anyway.
But there’s no way in hell I can be forced to read something I hated. My brain would be like ‘I’m Jared (19)’ and that would be it.
Would you rather read in an isolated cabin that was infested with spiders or in a noisy coffee shop with bad music?
Unless I’m super overstimulated I can tune out other sounds easily so a noisy coffee shop is no problem for me. I’ll just focus on some static noise in the background and keep reading never noticing anything else.
Spiders would make me hyper vigilant though.
Would you rather have the ability to read minds, but never able to read another book or live as you are now and keep reading?
‘The ability to read minds’ sounds more like a curse so I’ll just keep on living my life, no thanks.
If I had ‘the ability to read minds’ I would simply start taking drugs.
Would you rather read a novel based on a true story of someone you know or a fictional novel where a character is based on you?
Based on me! I want to know how the other person sees me and how wrong they are lol.
I bet you won’t get anywhere close to what my internal monologue is like.
Would you rather have a book where anything you write in it becomes true or have a book that contains all the knowledge of the universe?
I wouldn’t trust myself with the former — the butterfly effect and all. If I had it I would fix the global warming, capitalism, and remove conservative politicians from this planet and then hide it somewhere safe. I don’t want to become Yagami Righto, no.
But the latter sounds cool! I would probably never finish it because, wow, that’s a lot o knowledge but cool!
Kriti @ Armed With A Book | Sherena @ Pjnkskies | Caroline @ The Worlds of Sci-fi and Fantasy | Tessa @ Tessa Talks Books | Nicole @ Nikkie Reads | Justine @ The Literary Beerlingual | Silvia @ Silvia Reads Books | Nikita @ Prose & Pancakes
- Would you rather your favourite author never published another book again or published more books but you’re not allowed to read them?
- Would you rather read only series or only standalones?
- Would you rather only read niche books or only read hyped books?
- Would you rather read only short books or read only long books?
- Would you rather know whether a book has a sad ending or have it surprise you?
- Would you rather only read your one favourite genre or never read it again?
- Would you rather only read physical books or only read digital books?
- Would you rather have a biography written about you in a flattering but inaccurate way or be it accurate but unflattering towards you?
- Would you rather live in a library but you can’t buy more books until you read them all or get one book of your choice each month?
- Would you rather have your favourite character become your best friend or lover?
- Chat with me! Choose one of the mentioned questions and answer it in the comments!